Back in time, a long time ago, there was and there wasn't a little girl--and that little girl was me.   I packed a little lunch for my dear granny and I to eat with goodies like apples and berries, a cherry pie, figs, nuts, and ham and cheese.  I walked out the door beaming with the sun, and I was about to start skipping all the way to my Grandmother's house,  when I remembered I had forgotten my TEC-9 Semi-Automatic.

See, I knew the path that lay ahead, what with the tall towering tress through which not one ray of sunshine could penetrate; and at nights only the owls were kind enough to warn us.

Where there's no light, there is no good.  But with my Tec-9, I had some protection.  So to make an old story short, I arrived into the inner depths of the forest.  In the background, the wolves were howling, but behind the trees I could see one peculiar-looking wolf, stalking and sinister, no doubt, but also somewhat squeamish and cartoonish.  

"Okay, come out."  I said to him.

"No.  You put your gun away first."  He replied.

"I don't have a gun."

"I know you're carrying one."

"Look, this isn't going to work if you don't come out."

"I agree.  You should throw your gun away,"  he added wryly, then sank back into the shadows. I could still see his purple puffy tail and his denim overalls.

"Okay, it's gone."  

"I don't believe you.  Just tell me where your grandmother lives."  I could hear the peevish voice from behind the tree.

"What are you going to do to her?"  I tried in a most coy, mischievous tone, and I either turned him on or affected a sense of security in him, because I now saw his face and his mouth watering, and he started approaching me slowly, but in an affable manner.

"Are you carrying that basket to your grandmother, Child?"  

Poor Wolf, he couldn't keep from salivating.  I almost felt sorry for him. If it wasn't for the cold malice in his eyes, I may have at least gave him a taste of my sweet cherry-pie.  What are you supposed to do with a Wolf like that? I had to shoot him.

No comments: