cooking hour in pleasant valley


I think if you enjoy tuna in a can, you'll appreciate my quick tuna salad recipe.  It can come useful on lethargic evenings when you've neglected the workouts we discussed last week, and want to take it easy on the carbs for the night; or for a chance to get in some protein and make up some calories.  It's wonderfully easy.  I'll show you.  When it comes to canned tuna, I think we can all agree that the hardest part is getting the darn thing open! I know, I'm horrible.  

Well, I'm going to show you some simple ingredients that immediately add a Pleaset Valley flavor to a melancholy night and your can of tuna.  You'll want the typical components of the traditional salad: onions, diced tomotoes, and mayo.  Now, you don't need any more than a  modest teaspoon of the mayonnaise for flavor, and I'm going to show you why.  You're going to tantalize your palate with an array of fresh sources, namely cilantro, avocado slices, and a healthy touch of lemon.  As you can see, for one can of tuna and a limited amount of the fatty condiment, I'm dicing up a generous amount of cilantro and crisp tomatos, onions, and my avocado slices; and when I add this to my tuna you won't see a glob of wet, unruly looking fish, but a colorful landscape, beaming with virile energy. And you'll want to use a bowl that complements the wholesome feelings evoked by fresh lemon-yellow zest.  Notice, I have choosen a bowl with a healthy orange hue.  You'd want to sit down and paint small little green-and-red flowers on it with a thin brush.  It's magical!  I cannot tell you how many letters I receive from newly weds in Atwater Village, thanking me for finding the life of colors with my kitchen as they do with their ripped converse shoes.  I like a slight touch of sweet mustard with my new-look tuna salad; again, you don't need the mustard to scream "I'm here!" Everything is working together, everything in its right place.

Now, sprinkle some pepper in your Valley, and enjoy!

No comments: